EL PASO, Texas (AP) — Police in Texas say a woman who went missing after going on a date in July was killed and a man has been arrested in her death.
El Paso police said Wednesday that 29-year-old Erika Andrea Gaytan was last heard from July 13 after going to a concert.
Police said the body has not been recovered, but they have enough evidence to charge an El Paso man with her murder.
Gaytan’s family said when she went missing that it was not like her to go off and leave her 7-year-old son behind.
- 13th annual WesTex connect 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular adjusts to pandemic
- Brett Martin tests positive for coronavirus
- Police: Texas officers fatally shoot man who shot his wife
- Texas reports record number of new COVID-19 cases with 8,258
- 8-year-old boy killed, girl and 2 adults injured in shooting at Alabama mall