DALLAS (AP) — Police in Dallas say a transgender woman was seriously wounded after being shot multiple times and are investigating the attack as a hate crime.
Investigators say a man driving a pickup pulled alongside the woman late Friday, yelled slurs about her gender identity and fired several times, striking her in the chest and arm.
Authorities say the woman’s injuries prevented her from speaking with them until Sunday when she relayed details of the shooting.
Police are searching for a red, four-door pickup with large rims.
The shooting comes after two men were arrested in June in separate Texas killings of transgender women.
- Griffen traded to Detroit Lions
- Texas overtakes California with most coronavirus infections
- Confidence is a byproduct of first win in 2020 for Eagles
- Cooper put points on the board in every phase against Granbury
- Sisters stabbed Chicago store worker 27 times after being told to wear masks, prosecutors say