GROVETON, Texas (CNN) — A Texas man missed his wedding because police say he robbed a bank to pay for his fiance’s wedding ring and the venue.
Surveillance photos show Heath Bumpous walking into a Groveton bank and demanding money on Friday.
Authorities say he then drove away from the bank and threw his clothes out of the window.
The Trinity County Sheriff’s Office posted about the robbery on Facebook, and that’s when his fiance recognized him.
She convinced Bumpous to turn himself in.
Bumpous told authorities he was supposed to get married the day after the bank robbery.
He’s now facing an aggravated robbery charge.
- Wylie ISD, McMurry give outlook for fall semester as pandemic continues
- COVID-19 hospitalizations in Texas continue to rise
- After Supreme Court ruling, what’s next for DACA?
- Convention countdown: How coronavirus is impacting preps for RNC in Florida, DNC in Wisconsin
- Brown Co. reports 18 new COVID-19 cases