IRVING, Texas (AP) — Police in a Dallas suburb say they shot and killed a man after he reportedly shot his wife and opened fire on the officers.
Irving police say they responded to a call before 10 a.m. Saturday from a woman who said her husband shot her.
Officers found the man in the backyard of a neighboring property. Police say they announced themselves while entering the backyard, and then both the man and the officers began shooting.
The man was pronounced dead at the scene and the woman was taken to a hospital. The officers were not hurt.
An investigation is ongoing.
- Watch: Back to School town hall with AISD, Big Country school officials
- Abilene ISD teachers prepare for school year, both in the classroom and on the screen
- Bipartisan push in Congress looks to replace Confederate statue in Washington with one of John Lewis
- Latino advocates fear undercount in Texas as US Census Bureau cuts deadline by a month
- Silver Star Nation: Training camp like none other for Dallas Cowboys