AUGUSTA, Wisc. (CNN) – We’ve all had first-day-of-school jitters. For a four-year-old boy in Wisconsin, his bus driver was there to literally hold his hand.
Above, take a look at a picture captured by Axel’s mom, Amy Johnson.
Johnson wanted to mark the big day with a photo, but when Axel got on the bus, he started to cry.
That’s when the bus driver, Isabel Lane, pointed to a seat right behind her and said “Buddy, you got this and will have so much fun.”
Then, she stuck her hand behind her seat and he grabbed on.
By the time they got to the end of the road, he stopped crying.
Now, he loves going to school.
- Wake-Up Weather: Cloudy and cold this morning with a few showers
- Backup QBs have seen plenty of action in NFL playoffs
- Abilene parade honors Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- President Trump’s final hours in office expected to be non-traditional
- No indication of insider threat before inauguration, says acting Pentagon chief