(WYFF) A military dad who’s been deployed in Syria surprised his children at their elementary school in Liberty, South Carolina this week.
Timothy Gillespie has been overseas with the U.S. Army for the last nine months.
On Wednesday, he hid behind a curtain as his son, Tidus, and daughter, Chelsea, were in the school’s cafeteria to accept an award were perfect attendance.
When they got were called up on stage, administrators said they were out of bouncy balls and had to replace them with something else: their dad.
- Cooper boys and girls defeat Coronado and other scores around Abilene
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Brief reunion coming for husband, pregnant wife separated between Abilene & Netherlands by COVID-19, visa issues