(WYFF) A military dad who’s been deployed in Syria surprised his children at their elementary school in Liberty, South Carolina this week.
Timothy Gillespie has been overseas with the U.S. Army for the last nine months.
On Wednesday, he hid behind a curtain as his son, Tidus, and daughter, Chelsea, were in the school’s cafeteria to accept an award were perfect attendance.
When they got were called up on stage, administrators said they were out of bouncy balls and had to replace them with something else: their dad.
- Blue Bell ice cream holiday favorite returns to grocery freezer aisles
- ‘It was surreal’: Florida man breaks Georgia fishing record with 110-pound catfish
- 787,000 Americans filed for unemployment last week
- US study shows low risk of contracting COVID-19 while flying
- Thursday, October 22, 2020: One more unseasonably warm day before a big cool-down