(CNN) — A teacher in California has come up with a very special way to make her deaf students feel represented.
When Genesis Politron realized there weren’t any dolls that resembled her hard of hearing students she decided to craft her own.
The teacher added glittery hearing aids and cochlear implants to new dolls for the school.
Politron said she wanted her students to see themselves in toys, and to feel accepted.
Politron said her students were surprised and excited to see the dolls and they have not been put down since.
- 13th annual WesTex connect 4th of July Fireworks Spectacular adjusts to pandemic
- Brett Martin tests positive for coronavirus
- Police: Texas officers fatally shoot man who shot his wife
- Texas reports record number of new COVID-19 cases with 8,258
- 8-year-old boy killed, girl and 2 adults injured in shooting at Alabama mall