(CNN) — A special gift from a country music star.
Before his concert in Pittsburgh Friday, Toby Keith gave a retired marine corporal — who lost both legs in Afghanistan — an all-terrain wheelchair.
In 2010, Brandon Rumbaugh was carrying a fellow marine to safety when he stepped on an IED.
He’s able to walk with prosthetic leg but he says he wanted this type of wheelchair because it will let him be more active outdoors and play with his six-month-old daughter.
The Independence Fund, a nonprofit that helps wounded veterans, teamed up with Keith to give Rumbaugh the $16,000 wheelchair along with backstage passes and a meet and greet with the singer.
Rumbaugh enjoyed the concert from the side of the stage and joined Keith onstage during his performance of “American Soldier.”
- NC teacher accused of putting disabled student in trash
- Burger King selling ‘Ghost Whopper’ for Halloween
- ‘Bro! We’re in the tornado!’ Man records scary video from inside Dallas-area twister
- Donald Trump fans in Dallas say the president just “gets” them
- More than 6,400 pounds of pork and turkey sausage patties recalled