TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Property and multiple vehicles were destroyed by grass fires in Taylor County Wednesday.
The fires burned an estimated 100 acres near Bull Wagon Road between Merkel and Tye around 1:30 p.m.
“High winds spread hot ash and embers causing several spot fires,” the Tye Fire Department reports. “Unfortunately some structures and vehicles could not be saved.”
One property was a total loss, but multiple homes and businesses were spared thanks to help from the Tye, View, Merkel, and Hamby Fire Departments, as well as the Texas A&M Forestry Service, the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office, and Taylor Electric.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information, like the cause of the fire, is released.
- ACU has Southland tournament spot, but hunts for more this weekend
- Lady Tigers discuss emotional series win over Hawley
- KRBC Tuesday Evening Forecast: Daily rain chances are sticking around
- Texas Education Association pays visit to Early Elementary School
- Top House Republican pushes back on Jan. 6 commission