TAYLOR COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Property and multiple vehicles were destroyed by grass fires in Taylor County Wednesday.
The fires burned an estimated 100 acres near Bull Wagon Road between Merkel and Tye around 1:30 p.m.
“High winds spread hot ash and embers causing several spot fires,” the Tye Fire Department reports. “Unfortunately some structures and vehicles could not be saved.”
One property was a total loss, but multiple homes and businesses were spared thanks to help from the Tye, View, Merkel, and Hamby Fire Departments, as well as the Texas A&M Forestry Service, the Taylor County Sheriff’s Office, and Taylor Electric.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article once additional information, like the cause of the fire, is released.
- How long will you have to wear a mask? Here’s what the experts say
- Walmart Black Friday: Here are the best deals you can find right now online
- Wednesday Evening Forecast: Sweater Weather In Store for the Big Country.
- Abilene business provides COVID Care Kits to employees
- ACU women whip Howard Payne 99-45 in Teague Center debut