Remains found on a tiny South Pacific island where a bloody World War II battle happened have been identified as those of a missing Marine from Texas.
In a statement, the Defense POW/MIA Accounting Agency announced Wednesday that the remains of 1st Lt. Justin G. Mills of Galveston had been identified.
The remains were found in 2015 on the tiny island of Betio in the Tarawa Atoll of the Gilbert Islands.
Mills had been missing since the November 1943 Battle for Tarawa.
- Grammy Awards honor Kobe Bryant with touching performance
- Callahan County Sheriff not seeking re-election, two men are now putting their names on the ballot
- Sunday, January 26: This weekend 68 degrees was the magic number! Abilene felt the specific double digit warmth for a second day in a row
- Big Country locals react to Kobe Bryant’s death
- ECCA Volunteer FD hosts annual fundraiser, hoping to start the construction of their new fire station