BALLINGER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A child has been safely released during a hostage situation in Ballinger.
The Ballinger Chief of Police says hostage negotiators were able to use a family member to convince the suspect to let the small child go.
Police say they are still currently negotiating with the suspect.
Abilene police are responding to a reported hostage situation in Ballinger.
According to a social media post by BallingerNews.com, the hostage situation is at 5th and Eubank, and involves a suicidal person and a small child.
Officials are asking residents to avoid the area.
Several law enforcement agencies are responding, including Ballinger police, Abilene police, the Runnels County Sheriff’s Office and the Texas Rangers, according to the post.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Two-thirds of Americans suffer from election anxiety – here’s what can help
- Telemundo Abilínea – 26 de octubre, 2020
- Hendrick Health finalizes purchase of Abilene and Brownwood Medical Centers
- Stimulus update: Pelosi pushes White House on virus testing as cases surge
- Barrett confirmation would tilt court conservative for generations