ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Crews responded to a fire in an Abilene apartment Friday night.
The call came in around 9:45 p.m. Friday at the Wind Chase Village apartments on in the 2400 block of Buffalo Gap Road.
Six units from the Abilene Fire Department responded to the call, and residents were evacuated from the building.
The fire started in a heating unit, and was contained to one downstairs apartment, but four units sustained smoke damage, officials at the scene say.
One occupant is receiving medical treatment, but she is expected to recover.
There were no other reported injuries.
- Big Country farmer growing sunflowers after struggling during cotton season
- Texas coronavirus cases, hospitalizations continue to soar
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Cooper defense continues to grow every week