ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — An employee at the French Robertson prison just northeast of Abilene in Jones County has tested positive for COVID-19.
According to a social media post by the Texas Department of Criminal Justice (TDCJ) on Friday, a 51-year-old maintenance supervisor at the maximum security prison tested positive.
The employee was tested on March 31, but was last at work at the Robertson Unit on March 30.
TDCJ says the infected employee is now recovering in self quarantine at home.
It is currently unknown if this particular case has already been included in the latest numbers released by the City of Abilene.
No further information regarding the positive test has been released at this time.
Stick with BigCountryHomepage.com for more information as it becomes available.
- Inez Springs River Front Park brings summer fun to Eastland
- Saturday Evening Forecast: Seasonal Conditions as we close out the month of May.
- Big Country native Kenny Vaccaro voices high hopes for Titans
- Former ACU Wildcat and Olympian Bobby J. Morrow passes away Saturday
- Pepper spray, tear gas used to stop Dallas, Houston protests