RUNNELS COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A man has been arrested in Runnels County on child sex charges.
According to a Facebook post from the Runnels County Sheriff’s Office (RCSO), Chad Alan Reitmeyer was arrested in December and charged with prohibited sexual conduct, sexual assault of a young child, sexual assault, and aggravated sexual assault.
An investigation began in July 2019, when RCSO asked Texas Rangers for assistance in searching computer equipment, cellphones and social media sites. Evidence discovered in the searches provided enough probable cause to issue four arrest warrants, RCSO says.
Reitmeyer was arrested in Kansas City on Dec. 20, and is currently in Runnels County Jail on the four felony charges.
- Gov. Greg Abbott set to hear from construction workers, businesses during meeting on Texas economy
- ‘No Hard Feelings’: Patriots fans still rooting for Brady
- Kellyanne Conway accused of tweeting topless photo of 16-year-old daughter
- Rate of guns seized at airport checkpoints jumped in 2020 despite fewer travelers
- Another fast food chicken sandwich? Chick-fil-A just rolled out a spicy new option