ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The Abilene Planning and Zoning Board has a local brewery one step closer to moving into a new location.
Sockdolager Brewing Company will be moving into the South of Downtown Abilene (SODA) District into the former Matera Paper Company building.
The historic building in the 800 block of South 1st burned down in 2012, but is undergoing construction to house the local brewery.
The zoning change this week allows for the manufacture of alcoholic beverages in the building, but must still get final approval from the Abilene City Council.
- Coronavirus deaths are rising again in the US, as feared
- Abilene records earliest snowfall on record, low temperature record set Monday
- With Barrett on Supreme Court, what’s the future of Roe v. Wade and abortion?
- Newsfeed Now: Biden goes on offense in Georgia while President Trump targets Midwest
- Man accused of stealing dying woman’s phone outside Anheuser-Busch brewery