ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — Hendrick Health System says a recent spike in hospitalizations have forced them to open an additional unit for COVID-19 patients.
Hendrick officials say the second unit is dedicated to COVID-19 patients who are not critical.
COVID-19 hospitalizations in Taylor County are up to 31 from only 24 last Thursday, Oct. 15, but are down from 39 reported last Friday, Oct. 16.
The Abilene/Taylor County Public Health District reported 99 new COVID-19 cases Thursday, an all-time high for one day. The nearly 100 new cases pushed the county’s total active count past the 1,000 mark.
Hospital officials say they continue to encourage people to wear masks, social distance and practice good hand hygiene.
- Watch Live: President Trump rallies in Georgia for Senate runoffs
- Metro couple’s story of finding love after losing spouses to cancer shared across the US
- Reed: Trump’s NDAA veto threat is harmful to the troops
- Edinburg High football player who attacked referee charged, released on bond
- Federal student loans payments and interest pause to continue into 2021