HOUSTON, Texas (KETK) – Several Katy ISD students have been injured after a cell phone battery exploded Friday morning, according to our sister station KPRC.
The explosion occurred at Mayde Creek Junior High School.
Emergency workers responded to the incident at 11:55 a.m. and 12 victims were taken to a nearby hospital. Officials have said that none of the injuries are life-threatening.
It is also not yet known what caused the explosion.
- Tows from parking lot drive frustrations in Downtown Abilene
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- Bill looks to put money in local communities to fight veteran suicide
- Big Country Girls Playoff Pairings