PANOLA COUNTY, Texas (KETK) An East Texas sheriff’s department is mourning one of their own this morning.
KGAS says Sheriff Kevin Lake confirmed multiple Texas Rangers are taking over the investigation, and one person has been taken into custody.
The deputy’s name will not be released until next of kin has been notified.
KETK has reached out to the Panola County Sheriff’s Office for more details and we’re awaiting a call back.
SUPPORT FOR THE DEPARTMENT
Several surrounding sheriff’s offices have already posted Facebook to share their condolences.
- Louisville police chief declares state of emergency for department ahead of Breonna Taylor case update
- Over 60% of Texas Millennials and Gen Z don’t know Holocaust facts
- Silver Star Interactive: Cowboys win against the Falcons, eyes set on Seattle
- 27 new COVID-19 cases in Taylor County, 29 recoveries
- Delaware family discovers WWII heirloom tucked away in a box