AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — U.S. Army officials say the body of a Fort Hood solider was found near the Texas army base, marking the third time in a month that a Fort Hood soldier’s body has been discovered.
Fort Hood officials said Tuesday that 26-year-old Pvt. Mejhor Morta was found unresponsive July 17 in the vicinity of Stillhouse Hollow Lake, a reservoir located in Bell County and managed by the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers’ Fort Worth District.
Bell County Sheriff’s Department is investigating the incident and didn’t immediately respond to a request from the Associated Press seeking comment.
Officials have not said whether the death is considered suspicious.
- Monday Evening Forecast: Warm & Windy Days Ahead With Severe Weather By This Weekend.
- Report: Cowboys sign Dak Prescott to 4 years, $160M
- Telemundo Abilínea- 8 de febrero, 2021
- ‘Swarm’ of 20,000 earthquakes rattles Iceland
- What effects will February’s winter storms have on this spring’s bluebonnets?