AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — Texas Gov. Greg Abbott today announced that he has waived the State of Texas Assessments of Academic Readiness (STAAR) testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year.
Additionally, Gov. Abbott is requesting the Department of Education waive federal testing requirements for the 2019-2020 school year.
“Your health and safety are top priorities, and the state of Texas will give school districts flexibility to protect and ensure the health of students, faculty, and their families,” Gov. Abbott said.
“We will empower schools to make the best decisions to protect their communities from COVID-19,” he said.
- ACU’s Brette Tanner; ‘Right man for this job’
- Texas truck driver indicted in deaths of 8 migrants in crash
- Baylor refuses title Jeep after dealer’s insensitive remark
- How much excess medical waste is created by COVID-19 vaccinations?
- Segunda presunta víctima de Jeffrey Forest dice que las denuncias de abuso sexual fueron rechazadas por el Dpto. de Policía de Abilene cuando tenia 6 años