BIG BEND NATIONAL PARK, Texas (Big 2/Fox 24) – A 73-year-old hiker reportedly died at Big Bend National Park over the weekend.
According to officials with the park, they were notified about the hiker around 12:30 p.m. Saturday.
The hiker, identified only as a 73-year-old man from Austin, collapsed and stopped breathing in the Emory Peak Trail of the Chisos Mountains, according to a release.
Bystanders reportedly tried to perform CPR on the man before medical personnel could arrive to arrest but were unsuccessful.
“Big Bend National Park staff and partners are saddened by this loss” stated acting Superintendent Tom VandenBerg, “and our entire park family extends sincere condolences to the hiker’s family and friends.”
- VIDEO: APD officer caught on camera stopping traffic to help elderly man get across the street
- Kamille “Cupcake” McKinney still missing, Birmingham Police confirms
- Doctor sounds off on Impossible Burgers: ‘They’re not healthy’
- Yahoo users: How to file a claim for money in data breach settlement
- ‘HE SNAPPED’: Florida man drove truck into neighbor’s kitchen after the family ‘made fun of him’, witnesses say