SAN SABA, Texas (KXAN) — San Saba ISD says one of its students was killed at an incident at home early Friday morning in which three people were killed.
Superintendent Wayne Kelly said the school district was notified that one of its students was involved in a homicide around 6:45 a.m. He and the middle school’s principal went to the crime scene, which was about a mile away from the school.
Kelly said the student was a seventh-grade girl. He said the incident that led to the deaths was a family violence situation and a suspect has been arrested. No students are in danger at this time.
San Saba ISD says counselors have set up a crisis counseling area in the middle school library to talk with students. In addition to its own counselors, a response team out of San Angelo has been called to help, and the district also is a member of a local counseling co-op with six other school districts that has licensed counselors trained in high-needs situations. The partnership lets smaller school districts share important resources.
KXAN has reached out to law enforcement in the area about what happened and will update this story as soon as they respond.
This is a developing story and will be updated as more information become available
- WATCH: Bear found stuck inside car at Lake Tahoe
- Entire graduating class at California charter school accepted into 4-year universities
- Goats grazing to prevent wildfires could lose their jobs due to California labor law
- Wake-Up Weather: Tuesday, May 30th: A warm and sunny Tuesday
- Colleges squirm under anti-diversity, equity and inclusion pressure