LUBBOCK, Texas (KLBK) — Lubbock Police Department, alongside the Texas Department of Public Safety are urging drivers to drive sober this New Year’s Eve – as Texas has the most drunk driving fatalities according to MADD.
In a PSA to all drivers, LPD showed dash-cam video of a drunk driving crash that put a Lubbock Sheriff’s Corporal in danger 10 years ago. In the video, the drunk driver goes over the median and hits the patrol car head on.
“We don’t see most collisions, but this dash cam shows in graphic detail what this kind of crash can look like,” said Allison Matherly, a Public Information Officer with the Lubbock Police Department. “It’s devastating to watch, and can happen just because one person is doing the wrong thing.”
If you see someone driving erratically or witness an accident, you should call 911 immediately.
- Bangs’ Maxfield is the Abilene Teachers Federal Credit Union Coach of the Week
- SCOTUS nominee meets with more GOP lawmakers on Capitol Hill as Democrats decline meetings
- COVID-19 illustrates ‘historic decimation’ of Hispanic population in southern U.S., Texas doctor says
- Mickey: Cowboys injury update
- ACU prepares to face Army’s triple option offense