BAY CITY, Texas (CNN) — Authorities in Texas say the mother of a child found dead last month left that child and her two others alone at home to go to a bar.
According to police, 26-year-old Lauren Dean left her home on January 30th.
An officer went to the apartment the next day on a CPS welfare check.
Dean invited an officer in, but when they checked on seven-year-old Jordynn Barrera they found her dead.
Barrera had been bedridden and non-communicative.
She had down syndrome and cerebral palsy and was on a feeding tube.
Dean is facing charges including abandonment and endangering a child.
Her two other children were removed from the apartment.
- Tows from parking lot drive frustrations in Downtown Abilene
- Border patrol SWAT teams to help ICE track down undocumented immigrants
- Census Bureau’s new ad campaign targets minorities
- Bill looks to put money in local communities to fight veteran suicide
- Big Country Girls Playoff Pairings