SWEETWATER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Sweetwater Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for a hit-and-run that killed another man.
According to Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Freida, 38-year-old David Keller, of Sweetwater, was arrested shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday and charged with accident causing personal injury or death.
The arrest comes after 33-year-old Fabian Torres was found dead on the side of I-20 near Arizona Street in Sweetwater on Aug. 19. Autopsy results revealed that he was killed by blunt force trauma after being hit by a vehicle.
Police obtained the warrant Thursday evening and arrested Keller, who is currently in the Nolan County Jail.
- New border wall being built in San Diego sector along with other ‘manpower multipliers’ to help agents
- Construction begins for Native American Veterans Memorial on the National Mall
- House, Senate disagree on how to address PFAS
- Merkel Middle School students making ‘dog blankets’
- Support for clean energy jobs gives hope to Texas students