SWEETWATER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Sweetwater Police have arrested a man they say is responsible for a hit-and-run that killed another man.
According to Sweetwater Police Chief Brian Freida, 38-year-old David Keller, of Sweetwater, was arrested shortly before 8 p.m. Thursday and charged with accident causing personal injury or death.
The arrest comes after 33-year-old Fabian Torres was found dead on the side of I-20 near Arizona Street in Sweetwater on Aug. 19. Autopsy results revealed that he was killed by blunt force trauma after being hit by a vehicle.
Police obtained the warrant Thursday evening and arrested Keller, who is currently in the Nolan County Jail.
- Looking for the new Xbox or PlayStation 5? These sites will alert you when they’re back in stock
- US agrees, for now, to stop deporting women who alleged abuse
- Are dining tents a safe way to eat out during the pandemic?
- Newsfeed Now: GSA authorizes start of transition process; New tech for organ donation could save thousands
- Biden to formally introduce national security team as official transition begins