ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Friends of an Abilene murder victim have set up a basketball tournament to benefit his family.
The tournament, held in honor of 19-year-old Jaden Hernandez, will take place at Sweetwater Middle School on Sunday, February 9 beginning at 8:00 a.m. All proceeds raised will be donated to his family members.
4 man teams can enter for $20 a team, and the tournament is open to participants ages 16 and older.
A $1 or $2 entry fee will be collected at the door, and concessions will be available.
Anyone with questions can call Brandon Gutierrez at (325)234-5001.
Hernandez was shot and killed during a robbery set up near the Little Elm Condos in west Abilene Tuesday night.
A suspect, 19-year-old Javeeontae Evans, was arrested and charged with Capital Murder Thursday for Hernandez’s death.
He remains held in jail on bonds totaling $275,000.
- Storybook Capitol of America responds to discontinuation of ‘racist’ Dr. Seuss books
- Third stimulus check: Some Senate Dems call for automatic payments
- 60-day termination notice issued for ERCOT president and CEO
- Texas vaccine panel has ‘come to a conclusion’ on next phase of rollout
- Covid-19 in the rear view mirror; a new baseball season on the way