SWEETWATER, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – A Sweetwater home was fully engulfed in flames after a fire that investigators believe was intentionally set Wednesday afternoon.
First responders arrived on scene of the fire on the 400 block of W Lousiana Street around 3:00 p.m. and found heavy smoke and flames coming from the home.
“The house was fully engulfed before we even got there, rather instantaneous combustion of all rooms,” Sweetwater Fire Chief Grant Madden told KTAB and KRBC.
No one was injured, including fire fighters, but neighbors did help a handicapped neighbor from her home before it was also affected by the fire.
However, fire fighters were able to contain the damage to the initial home.
No further information was released.
- Special session in Texas raises expectations of voting fight
- 2nd person charged in connection with Texas boy’s death
- Family of slain Austin mass shooting victim has ‘no faith’ in investigation
- 153 Texas hospital workers were fired or resigned after refusing COVID vaccine
- Mysterious disease blinding birds in several states, leaving them unable to fly