ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A Taylor County grand jury has indicted a Clyde man for a Dec. 2019 murder that occurred in Abilene.
Court documents indicate 32-year-old Jose Robert Avalos was indicted for murder Thursday stemming from the incident on Cedar Street in Dec. 2019.
Avalos is accused of shooting 28-year-old Adam Perez, who was in a home in the 1000 block of Cedar Street around 9:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, 2019.
Police said a car drove through the alley, firing several shots at the home. Perez was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Abilene detectives arrested Avalos at his job site in Pecos, Texas in July, according to APD.
- Democrats worry about Trump protest calls over possible indictment
- UPDATE: Possible storm conditions across the Big Country look more favorable
- ‘Way more survivors than I normally have’: Abilene woman, nonprofit helps human trafficking survivors feel beautiful
- Rangers looking at two catchers for the 2023 season
- Telemundo Abilínea: Martes 21 de Marzo, 2023