ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A Taylor County grand jury has indicted a Clyde man for a Dec. 2019 murder that occurred in Abilene.
Court documents indicate 32-year-old Jose Robert Avalos was indicted for murder Thursday stemming from the incident on Cedar Street in Dec. 2019.
Avalos is accused of shooting 28-year-old Adam Perez, who was in a home in the 1000 block of Cedar Street around 9:30 p.m. on Dec. 3, 2019.
Police said a car drove through the alley, firing several shots at the home. Perez was taken to a local hospital where he was later pronounced dead.
Abilene detectives arrested Avalos at his job site in Pecos, Texas in July, according to APD.
- FDA to revamp food safety program in wake of infant formula crisis
- Tanks, jets and justice: Ukraine’s top prosecutor tries to rally US on legal battle
- Dallas Zoo says 2 monkeys missing from ‘intentionally compromised’ habitat
- End of an era: Boeing delivers last 747 jumbo jet
- Will Smith, Martin Lawrence to star in 4th ‘Bad Boys’ film in post-slap team-up