ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — The Abilene Taylor County Public Health District is reporting 26 new positive COVID-19 cases.
There have also been 13 recoveries since Sunday.
Of the total 26 new positives, 10 came from PCR tests and the other 16 from antigen tests.
This brings the county’s total number of cases to 2,976. Of those nearly 3,000 cases, 457 remain active.
There are currently 21 people hospitalized with the virus, including seven from Taylor County and 14 from other counties.
A total of 53 people have died after contracting the virus.
- Here’s why Biden and Trump are laser focused on fracking
- 2 new COVID-19 related deaths in Taylor County, 113 new cases
- 1 out of 10 beds at Hendrick is filled with COVID-19
- Pres. Trump, Joe Biden address coronavirus and plans for vaccine rollout
- Officials track down first-ever ‘murder hornet’ nest in Washington