BOSTON (KDVR) – The year 2020 has been different than anyone predicted, but a new video from Boston Dynamics might take the cake for oddities.
The company creates robots with all sorts of purposes, from four-legged robots to help at active police scenes to two-legged robots that can help lift and carry heavy items.
Now they can dance.
This isn’t the first creative video Boston Dynamics has released showing their robots in action.
There’s even a wheeled robot, called Handle, that can go down stairs and launch itself into the air.
Boston Dynamics is infamous for its scary robot videos, but this one is clearly a playful attempt to close the books on 2020.
“Our whole crew got together to celebrate the start of what we hope will be a happier year,” the Waltham, Massachusetts, company says in the caption.
Thousands applauded the robots’ moves and the technology powering them. Others appeared to be a little freaked out by their dexterity.
“Slightly creepy, I have to admit,” tweeted Carl Bildt, a Swedish diplomat who co-chairs the European Council on Foreign Relations.
“Do you love me? Not when you come to annihilate us,” tweeted Jan Nicolas, a photographer.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.
- Apartment complexes deal with busted pipes following freeze
- Westbrook takes down Veribest, Hermleigh falls to Rankin
- Clyde High School student fights battles on and off the field
- Bodies of father, two sons found in Benton County, investigation ongoing
- Cisco is in the 4th round of the boys playoffs for first time since 1998