GREGORY, Texas (KRIS) — One person is dead and two others are injured after a trench collapsed in Texas.
It happened Tuesday at a worksite near an apartment complex.
Construction workers were digging with a backhoe when the trench collapsed.
A 36-year-old man was buried under all the dirt.
He was pulled out but later died.
A coworker was partially trapped, and a third man who jumped in to rescue them was also hurt.
Both those men are expected to be OK.
- Wednesday, August 5, 2020: Very hot and dry afternoon with a noticeable south wind
- Wake-Up Weather: Warm and mainly dry start to a very hot and dry day with a south breeze
- Contactless school supply drive offers resources to students with special needs
- Clyde CISD to hire bus aides for upcoming school year
- Missouri mayor defends concerts, parties during COVID-19 pandemic