GREGORY, Texas (KRIS) — One person is dead and two others are injured after a trench collapsed in Texas.
It happened Tuesday at a worksite near an apartment complex.
Construction workers were digging with a backhoe when the trench collapsed.
A 36-year-old man was buried under all the dirt.
He was pulled out but later died.
A coworker was partially trapped, and a third man who jumped in to rescue them was also hurt.
Both those men are expected to be OK.
- Single Abilene moms set to open new salon
- Wednesday, December 11: After a cold start, we’ll see upper 50’s for Thursday afternoon
- Hallan en EEUU 3 millones en barriles de carne hacia México
- House approves bill that gives farmworkers right to earn legal status
- U.S. Census Bureau director promotes census job opportunities in Texas