GREGORY, Texas (KRIS) — One person is dead and two others are injured after a trench collapsed in Texas.
It happened Tuesday at a worksite near an apartment complex.
Construction workers were digging with a backhoe when the trench collapsed.
A 36-year-old man was buried under all the dirt.
He was pulled out but later died.
A coworker was partially trapped, and a third man who jumped in to rescue them was also hurt.
Both those men are expected to be OK.
- Wake-Up Weather: Another rainy day with a chance for wintry precip this morning
- ‘Bad Luck Chuck’ isn’t taking any chances for Chiefs’ upcoming AFC Championship game
- High-powered Titans lean heavily on Henry with options ready
- 49ers’ team chemistry translates onto the field
- 49ers, Packers look to go from losing seasons to Super Bowl