AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — The volume of patients in Texas with the illness caused by the novel coronavirus has topped 10,000, with the number of deaths topping 200.
The case numbers updated hourly by the Center for Systems Science and Engineering at Johns Hopkins University tallied 10,439 cases in Texas as of late Thursday afternoon.
That is up from just over 9,300 reported by Texas state health officials Wednesday morning.
Fatalities in Texas from COVID-19 reached 205 Thursday afternoon.
That’s up from the 177 Texas deaths reported by state health officials Wednesday morning.
- Big Country farmer growing sunflowers after struggling during cotton season
- Texas coronavirus cases, hospitalizations continue to soar
- Senate Republicans introduce amendment to prevent ‘packing’ of Supreme Court
- Stimulus stalled: Senate working against ticking clock to try and pass coronavirus relief package
- Cooper defense continues to grow every week