HOUSTON (AP) — State data shows that more than 3,000 nursing home residents in Texas have tested positive for the coronavirus.
The Houston Chronicle reports that the 3,000 positive tests represent about 4% of the estimated number of Texas residents living in nursing homes. By comparison, about 0.15% of Texas residents have tested positive for the virus.
Advocates and family members have been calling for more detailed information that shows cases by specific facility or at least by county. Republican Gov. Greg Abbott on Monday ordered coronavirus testing for all Texas nursing home residents.
- Cooper boys and girls defeat Coronado and other scores around Abilene
- DC police seek man suspected of crushing officer in doorway
- Saints’ Brees sees playoff clash with Brady’s Bucs as fate
- Police investigating after some lawmakers claim Capitol tours were given to rioters ahead of breach
- Brief reunion coming for husband, pregnant wife separated between Abilene & Netherlands by COVID-19, visa issues