AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas entered the new month Monday with summer camps, including sports camps, allowed to open as the state relaxed some of the rules put in place to control the spread of the coronavirus.
Texas also announced 593 new cases. That came after after Sunday’s 1,949, which was the most recorded in a single day since Texas began tracking infections.
Mondays are typically the lowest days in the number of new infections reported.
The state also announced six new deaths, the fewest since March 31.
- Sunday Evening Forecast: Hot & Humid Temperatures Along with a Brief Cool-down.
- Abilene Regional Airport accepts grant to recruit new airline
- Rangers take an off-day Sunday
- Abilene group calling for changes at Stevenson Park
- Families staying cool in the sun at the Abilene State Park pool