DALTON, Ga. (AP) — Authorities say a man wanted in the recent shooting of a Georgia sheriff’s deputy has been captured.
The Georgia Bureau of Investigation tweeted late Wednesday that Texas fugitive Dalton Potter was in custody.
Authorities surrounded Potter outside the town of Resaca in northwest Georgia, where they said he shot a man earlier Wednesday.
Noah Cloer said his father Eddie Cloer fired back despite being shot in the arm and grazed in the head.
Investigators said Potter had fled into the woods after firing multiple shots Monday night at Whitfield County Sheriff’s Deputy Darrell Hackney, who was saved by his ballistic vest.
- Big Country UPS driver retires after 32 years
- Caso Breonna Taylor: Protestas contra decisión del jurado en el caso
- Cougars open season with loss to Odessa Permian
- Veterans will ride 20 horses for 20 miles to raise suicide awareness
- President Trump expected to announce Supreme Court Justice pick Saturday