AUSTIN, Texas (KETK) – Every Texan who undergoes COVID-19 testing at a state-run mobile testing site will receive free face masks to help slow the spread of the virus.
Governor Greg Abbott announced Wednesday that the Texas Division of Emergency Management, in partnership with the Texas Military Department, will begin distributing the 3-ply surgical masks Thursday.
Each person who receives a COVID-19 test will get four masks to take home.
“Wearing a mask or facial covering in public is an effective way for Texans to protect themselves and others from the transmission of COVID-19,” said Abbott. “This program helps ensure that Texans have the resources they need to effectively mitigate the spread of this virus and keep themselves and their communities safe. I continue to urge all Texans to do their part by taking necessary precautions that will reduce the spread of COVID-19 throughout our state.”
Texans can find a testing site near them by visiting TDEM’s COVID-19 Test Collection Site map.
- UPS limits deliveries for some of country’s biggest retailers due to demand, reports say
- DCOA, DevelopAbilene bring new corporate headquarters to downtown
- Republicans push back on 2020 election results, despite warning of backlash in GA runoff election turnout
- Abilene City Council addresses proposed budget cuts
- Hendrick Hospice Care continuing work through the pandemic