COLLINS, Miss. (AP) — A 37-year-old man is accused of taking his ex-girlfriend from Texas and shooting her to death in Mississippi.
Covington County authorities tell news outlets that bond for Brian Douglas Allen of Rowlett, Texas, has been set at $2.25 million.
He’s accused of killing 31-year-old Kristian Bailey, of Rowlett, and other charges.
When deputies answered a report of gunfire early Aug. 29 in Mount Olive, Allen started shooting, then drove off in a patrol car, Covington County Undersheriff Layne McLaurin told WDAM-TV .
He was caught about six hours later.
Bailey’s aunt Shyril Hulshouser Small, of Dallas, told The Dallas Morning News that her niece’s body lay in a front yard in Mount Olive, about 40 miles northwest of Hattiesburg, until the homeowners returned from out of town and found it.
Nate Baldwin said he and Bailey were planning marriage, and she had once dated Allen, the newspaper reported.
Small said Allen had recently talked Bailey into taking a job at the power washing company where he worked.
She said Allen picked up Bailey in a company truck on Aug. 28 for what he said was a job. The family knew something was wrong when Bailey failed to pick up her sons, about 5 and 12 years old, that evening, Small said.
- US agency orders Ford to recall 3 million vehicles over air bags
- WATCH: Lady Gaga sings national anthem at Biden’s inauguration
- Now that he’s out of office, what’s next for Donald Trump?
- Police offer cash rewards for wanted fugitives in Abilene
- Teen whom Biden befriended as fellow stutterer releasing children’s book