DALLAS, Texas (KETK/NBC) – A domestic dispute turned deadly overnight in Dallas after a mother fatally shot her 8-year-old daughter then turned the gun on herself.
Police say an overnight argument between a woman and her husband turned into a SWAT standoff after the man ran and called police.
Dallas SWAT officers were able to barricade the home and negotiations lasted into the morning hours. During negotiations, a 12-year-old boy inside the home was able to escape unharmed.
SWAT officers continued negotiations until they heard gunshots from inside. The woman and her 8-year-old daughter were found dead inside.
“A tragic situation. Violence, family violence, that is really overtaking our community,” said Renee Hall, Dallas Chief of Police.
A Dallas Police Officer was grazed by a shot but was not seriously injured.
- Former ACU Wildcat and Olympian Bobby J. Morrow passes away Saturday
- Pepper spray, tear gas used to stop Dallas, Houston protests
- The Latest: Trump says will not allow mob violence to rule
- Wife of Derek Chauvin, officer charged with murder in George Floyd’s death, files for divorce
- More than 1,500 Texas troopers sent to respond to protests