SEATTLE (KETK) – The Texas Rangers announced Wednesday afternoon that their Opening Day series against the Seattle Mariners will no longer be played there due to directives issued by Washington Governor Jay Inslee.
It is unclear where the series will be played or if it will be played at a later date.
The series was scheduled to be played on March 26-29.
The Rangers are scheduled to move into their new ballpark Globe Life Field against the Los Angeles Angels on Tuesday, March 31.
This is a developing story. Check back for updates.
- Target Black Friday deals: Final week of discounts released
- Inequality ‘baked into’ virus testing access as cases surge
- Michigan officials certify election, sealing Biden victory
- White House still planning holiday parties, despite virus warnings
- Rules about police wearing masks vary widely across US