AUSTIN, Texas (AP) — Texas health officials report 3,786 newly reported cases of the coronavirus that causes COVID-19, as well as 452 previously unreported cases that raised the total by 4,238 cases.
The Texas Department of State Health Services reported Wednesday that the state’s total COVID-19 caseload has reached 781,794 since Texas began tracking cases in early March.
An estimated 71,878 of those cases are active, with 3,556 of those requiring hospitalization.
The 104 deaths from COVID-19 reported Tuesday raised to 16,334 the Texas death toll since tracking and tracing of the virus began in March.
- Wednesday Evening Forecast: Sweater Weather In Store for the Big Country.
- Abilene business provides COVID Care Kits to employees
- ACU women whip Howard Payne 99-45 in Teague Center debut
- Defense drowns Bucs as Wildcats win season opener
- Big Country coaches list what they are thankful for on KTAB Coach of the Week