DALLAS (AP) — Texas health officials say 785 additional residents have tested positive for COVID-19 and there have been another 31 deaths linked to the novel coronavirus.
The Texas Department of State Health Services on Sunday reported at total of 47,784 confirmed cases of the virus and 1,336 deaths associated with it.
The true numbers are likely higher because many people have not been tested and studies suggest people can be infected and not feel sick.
For most people, the coronavirus causes mild or moderate symptoms, such as fever and cough that clear up in two to three weeks.
- Class 4A Scores and Highlights
- Wylie falls to Wichita Falls; Cooper takes down Arlington Heights
- AHS falls to Midland Lee 51-19
- Judge orders 11-year-old boy behind bars to await trial for allegedly killing 6-year-old neighbor
- Power struggle escalates in El Paso as judge orders shutdown, but mayor & Texas Attorney General disagree