AUSTIN (KXAN) — A man in his late 90s is the first death from COVID-19 in Texas, according to Matagorda County officials.
He died Sunday evening at Matagorda Regional Medical Center with symptoms consistent with COVID-19. Later on Monday, hospital officials received confirmation that he tested positive.
He was a resident of the county, officials said, and they are investigating a possible community link to an earlier positive case in the county.
- Texas man arrested for shooting after fight at gas station
- Women detained for speaking Spanish in Montana store settle lawsuit with U.S. border agency
- Wednesday, November 23: Sunny and warm for Thanksgiving Day
- Doctor: The current US testing strategy isn’t working
- Traveling abroad? The CDC now says you should get 3 coronavirus tests