CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas (KRIS/CNN Newsource) — A Texas toddler is dead after falling into a septic tank.
Authorities say 2-year-old Charleigh Nicole Nelson was standing on the tank’s lid at the Paradise Lagoons RV Resort Park in Aransas Pass when it collapsed beneath her.
She fell 15 feet.
According to the child’s father, people tried to reach the girl with a rope but it was too short.
“At approximately 5:30 p.m. tonight, Rockport Police Department, EMS, Rockport and Fulton Volunteer Fire Departments were dispatched to a child who had fallen in a septic system. Upon arrival, initial police officers and firefighters found civilians from the park here attempting to rescue a child who had fallen approximately 15 feet down into a septic system,” Gillian Cox, Rockport Volunteer Fire Department Spokeswoman said.
Emergency crews from several local agencies responded and removed her body from the tank.
- Lawmakers look to add more money to emergency fund as small businesses report issues accessing loans
- COVID-19 en Abilene: la ciudad confirma 5 casos nuevos, 118 pruebas están pendientes
- Jones Co. reports 2nd positive COVID-19 case
- Telemundo Abilínea – 8 de Abril, 2020
- Lawmakers push for more groups to get stimulus money