ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – The City of Abilene will close Kirby Lake Park on the 4th of July.
According to a social media post, the park will be closing at 7 p.m. on the 4th in an effort to reduce the risk of grass and wildfire.
The park will reopen with regular hours the next morning at 5:30 a.m.
Anyone in the park past 7:00 p.m. may face a fine for violating curfew.
- No more delays — July 15 is Tax Day. What to know about the deadline
- One dead, another injured after wreck in Sweetwater
- Texas clawing back $32 million in unemployment benefits after finding 46,000 people were overpaid
- Charlie Daniels dead: Country music legend passes away after suffering stroke
- Australia to shut border between its 2 largest states as Melbourne infections surge