AUSTIN, Texas (KXAN) — The top-selling distilled spirit in the country is made right here in Texas, according to the International Wine and Spirits Record.
Tito’s Handmade Vodka knocked Smirnoff vodka off its decade-long reign at the top of the chart, the London-based agency said in its 2019 U.S. beverage alcohol review.
In a press release Wednesday, the IWSR said Tito’s sales jumped more than 20% in 2019. Vodka is also the largest spirit category by volume in the country, the report said.
Spirit volumes increased by 2.3% as a whole across the country, led by a 40% increase in mezcal. Japanese whiskey volumes increased 23.1%, Irish whisky went up 8.6%, tequila increased 9.3%, U.S. whiskey increased 5.5% and cognac volumes went up 4%, according to the report.
- UPS packages could get more expensive this fall
- Ford, Bush presidential adviser Brent Scowcroft dies at 95
- Trolls doll pulled after complaints it promotes child abuse
- Study shows second wave of layoffs underway
- Postal Service loses $2.2B in 3 months as virus woes persist