ABILENE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) — A Taylor County grand jury indicted a Tuscola man accused of threatening convenience store patrons with a sword.
According to court documents, 54-year-old Ricky Lee Womack was arrested in April after receiving a call of a man waving a sword in the 7-Eleven parking lot on Buffalo Gap Road and FM 707.
When the victim asked him to calm down and leave, Womack approached him in an aggressive manner, then pulled out a sword, according to court documents.
Womack was indicted Thursday on one count of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, a second-degree felony.
- Hendrick CEO: Only 1 ICU bed available in all of Big Country
- Texas woman asked to take down ‘inappropriate’ skeleton display in front yard
- Second stimulus checks: What’s the status of $1,200 payments?
- ‘We deserve to be heard’: Man on mission to make voting accessible to Americans with disabilities
- Is it already too late to mail in your 2020 Election ballot?