EASTLAND COUNTY, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Two suspects have been arrested in connection to a theft ring operating in Eastland, Callahan, and other Texas counties.
Peyton Shane Evans, 26, of Botaga Texas, and Mikala Rae Williams, 23, of Georgetown, Texas, are both currently in custody.
Evans is charged with 4 counts of Theft of Property, Unlawful Possession of a Firearm by a felon, 3 counts of Possession of a Controlled Substance, Manufacture/Delivery Controlled Substance and Possession of Marijuana with bonds totaling $353,000.00.
Williams is charged with 3 counts of Theft of Property with bonds totaling $90,000.00.
During the investigation, police recovered the following stolen items with ties to Eastland, Callahan, Williamson, and Bell Counties:
- Caterpillar Bulldozer
- Caterpillar Loader
- Sportster travel trailer
- 45′ Car hauling trailer
- John Deere tractor
- Corvair van
- Three 4 wheelers
- 5’x8′ utility trailer
- aluminum ramps
- 210 qt. YETI cooler
- numerous firearms.
The investigation is still underway, meaning more stolen items could be recovered and more charges could be issued.
Eastland County is receiving assistance from the Texas Department of Public Safety on this investigation.
- Abilene area forecast: Thursday September 23rd
- Wake-Up Weather: After a cool start seasonable temperatures return this afternoon
- Abilene Children’s Business Fair showcases kid’s businesses
- Gabby Petito: NewsNation Special Report
- Pair of Kansas grade school boys jump fence to rescue infants from pool