JACKSON COUNTY, Mo. (WDAF) — Two young children died after crashing their grandparents’ car in a rural part of Missouri Friday.
The crash happened in Jackson County around 5 p.m. when the child driver lost control of the 2007 Buick LaCrosse and it went off an embankment, crashed into a creek bed and caught fire.
The two children inside the vehicle, ages 6 and 7, died at the scene, according to the crash report.
Investigators have not released the names of the victims, pending family notification.
- 8 pythons captured and removed from Oregon park
- Garland visits Chicago as part of Biden administration’s crackdown on violence
- Friday, July 23: Sunny and very hot on Saturday
- ‘I didn’t mean to startle anyone’: Body camera shows arrest of man found with guns, ammo in Chicago hotel
- Dems push for federal climate action: ‘Not your grandfather’s fires’