TYE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Firefighters were able to save a neighborhood from a grass fire that was threatening several homes in Tye.
The fire began near the 7000 block of Spinks Road around 11:00 a.m.
First responders were able to contain the flames before several homes were engulfed, however burn marks near the homes indicate there may have been a couple of close calls
Homeowners in the area say they’ve experienced grass fires before and are always thankful for the fire department’s quick response.
Tye Volunteer Fire Department received assistance from the Hawley Volunteer Fire Department and the Abilene Fire Department during this call.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Wake-Up Weather: Cold front this morning brings chilly temps, gusty winds, and a few showers and storms
- Heroes recognized at Abilene Police Department for saving lives
- City of Abilene says new smart meters providing accurate reads
- Debate quiz: Who said it? Biden or Trump?
- Eagles happy to have their coach back