TYE, Texas (KTAB/KRBC) – Firefighters were able to save a neighborhood from a grass fire that was threatening several homes in Tye.
The fire began near the 7000 block of Spinks Road around 11:00 a.m.
First responders were able to contain the flames before several homes were engulfed, however burn marks near the homes indicate there may have been a couple of close calls
Homeowners in the area say they’ve experienced grass fires before and are always thankful for the fire department’s quick response.
Tye Volunteer Fire Department received assistance from the Hawley Volunteer Fire Department and the Abilene Fire Department during this call.
BigCountryHomepage will update this article if additional information is released.
- Organizers excited for return of Abilene Freedom Festival
- Abilene police asking for help finding missing woman
- Amber Alert issued for two missing boys
- Ransomware gangs get paid off as officials struggle for fix
- Murdered New Orleans woman’s last texts from Russia: ‘In car with stranger. Hope I’m not being abducted’